Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Shaking off the Cobwebs

Well I got nuthin'. I lit the fuse on this little ol' bottle rocket nearly two months ago and these past 5-6 days mark my longest update drought. I've said it before but we've all been locked in the vise grip of inertia and ennui, and like any bad trip, you just gotta ride it out.

My apologies to anyone from work reading this (which would include Kev and, if I'm paranoid enough to entertain the possibility, an HR drone), but my job is beginning to feel like the movie 'Groundhog Day.' I'll just leave it at that. The point is that work has lately left me feeling enervated and shitty, but the blog at least has been a superb foil for this disillusionment.

So to everyone who keeps checking in here, thanks. Seriously. My hit totals are very modest but it's nice to know you're out there. And please keep the comments coming. In lieu of the usual spleen venting, here are some recommended blogs:

spinachdipnyc: We don't share much in common but I admire his writing. A consistently entertaining read.

Itswhatthebagisfor: Just wow. Like spinachdip above, I stumbled on the good Col. Dr.'s site during a bored session sifting through the detritus of the blogosphere while playing "'Next Blog' Button-o-Rama." The man is a prolific writer and damn talented.

James Wolcott: Witty, sardonic, and often hilarious. Wolcott skewers the cheerleaders for war.

/out like low carb diets...

No comments: